Here are two starting images. One is a picture I took at a gas pump. The other I bought from a stock photo site, 123rf.com (courtesy of 501room). I created a new image from the two, using Photoshop.
Here is my mash-up, in all its snarky glory.
Process within Photoshop:
- I chose one of the frames from the collection in the stock photo, and cropped it out of the group.
- Changed the orientation of the frame, tinted it to be a bit more brown, and cut out the white space inside.
- Cropped the gas pump message and placed it inside the frame.
- Added a background color to the negative space between the gas pump sign and the edge of the frame, as well as a background color behind the frame.
- Added a bevel to the gas pump message to make it look like it was matted in the frame, and to add a 3-D effect.
- Added a couple captions.
- Exported as a .jpg, and voilà!